Frequently Asked Questions
+ Can I cold soak all of the meals?
You certainly can! Keep in mind that some ingredients rehydrate better than others so the hydration time may vary. Here is co-founder Henry's list of preferred meals to cold soak:
1) Zesty Miso Broccoli Slaw - Rehydrates in 15 minutes
2) Triple Peanut Slaw - Rehydrates in 15 minutes
3) Coconut Rice And Cuban Black Beans - Rehydrates in 20-25+ minutes
4) Lentil Walnut Pilaf - Rehydrates in 45+ minutes
5) Garlic Green Bean Cashew Stir Fry - Rehydrates in 35-40 minutes but you should add extra water for the broth.
6) Ratatouille With Nutty Quinoa Pilaf - Rehydrates in 30 minutes
7) Cinnamon Cherry Crisp - Rehydrates in 50+ minutes
8) Sweet Potato With Kale and Quinoa - Rehydrates in 40+ minutes
+ Don’t you mean Food For The Soul?
Perhaps, but that wouldn’t be as fun! We think of ourselves as whimsical people and whenever the opportunity arises to sneak in a play on words, we take it!
Hint: See if you can find some fun wordplay on our packages ;)
+ Do you ship internationally?
Answer: Hopefully some day soon! For now, we recommend you head on over to our friends at www.garagegrowngear.com - Not only do they do international orders, but they specialize in outdoor startup brands just like ours!
+ How do I prepare the meals?
Most of our meals are hot-rehydratable, and you can add boiling water directly to the bag to rehydrate! For best results you want to use an insulated cozy or a down jacket or similar to wrap around the food. We also have a couple of cold-rehydratable salads - the Triple Peanut Slaw and Zesty Miso Broccoli Slaw. These only need room-temperature water to hydrate!
+ Can I rehydrate my food in the bag?
Absolutely! Our bags are designed to hold your meal when you rehydrate it. You can then eat directly out of the bag or empty the rehydrated meal into a container to eat from.
+ What is a cozy (or koozie)?
Cozies are an insulated soft container that keeps your hot meals warmer while the meal is rehydrating. This shortens the hydration time a bit and ensures that your meal s is hot when you eat it! If you don’t have a cozy you can use a puffy coat or anything else you have that is insulating.
+ How many calories are in the meals?
+ Are the meals Gluten-Free?
Most of our products are gluten free! The Garlic Green Bean and Cashew Stir Fry does have wheat-based noodles however.
+ Are the meals Vegan?
Yes! All of our products are vegan.